Tuesday, September 06, 2005

family family family

After the trip to the Great Northwest to be with my daughter and her husband, they came to me two days later and the day after that my son and his wife came, so my whole family was together the first time since Christmas. The weather was PERFECT. We played tennis and ate African food and grilled kabobs and sat out on the porch with a bazillion tea lights and laughed and talked till late. Everyone was tired and the next day only two of us made it to church. Then there was more tennis, leftovers, house projects that I can do myself but just have not gotten done.....done by my two oldest and one spouse. Such small things, but they are a great encouragement to me. I inflicted my paintings from Maine on them and talked about the photos of the painting class, showed them my teacher's paintings in his book and went on more than I should have, most likely.

The greatest blessing is just to see my kids laughing and playing together, especially on the tennis court. They can ALL play! The older two played competetively and are athletic and have competed in lots of sports. But the younger two were in tennis classes at a young age and have the basics. They were out there in their flip flops and could still hit the ball.

One of us is going away soon on a long trip and we prayed together.
I wish the Dad could see how well his children are doing and how they are growing up to be like him in a lot of good ways and like me in other good ways. What a great idea God had to make families.

No comments: