Saturday, January 21, 2006

So Far Not So Good

the Superhero job. It was delayed 5 times and then Mr. J was over 2 hours late for our first "start up" meeting. There are only 2 of us whereas they were hoping for a team. Our first day I enjoyed going around the store surveying our coworkers, the personal interaction with individuals with a goofy survey. I could not believe some of the coworkers were actually worried about getting the question right: How far can you toss a meatball? But I did not make fun of them.

But the rest has been reading a boring book by Ingvar, planning and strategizing, none of which I am good at. Mr. J is soft spoken even when he is in a quiet room with us and I do not follow him easily. My managers are excited for me, but so far I am not excited for me. I find myself thinking when do I get to go home? This is exactly why I hesitated taking this on. High stress and no recompense.

So far it has not entailed what I was told it would be. And the girl who is young enough to be my youngest daughter and I are not working smoothly together. She's nice, but there's no click, click. I think it will get better in time. We both support children through Compassion International and she went to visit hers in Peru and it changed her life and has given her a passion for the homeless, hungry and poor.

They have asked repeatedly if I can work full time during these 8 weeks and I say not now. I said yes after the art project is done, but wait a minute. For no recompense, will I spend all my time at the store and not get things done at home, and also slow myself down on my REAL job OUTSIDE the store? Hmmm, doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Besides, I'm dying to go to the Northwest and see my DD. And I need to visit family in Florida.

No comments: